“What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.” (Psalm 8:4) “Come now, let us reason together says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are like crimson they shall become like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)
“Come let us reason together is the special invitation the Creator (Elohim) of the universe sends to us. Do we heed His calls? When He who made the world, He who keep the planets moving on schedule in their appointed orbits, and Who supplies all man’s needs. He is the One who above all who “command His love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us”. When He calls us to have a personal interview with Him do we go? He is the bread of life the living water come to Jesus.
Privilege is defined as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor; a right or immunity not enjoyed by others or by all; special enjoyment of a good, or exemption from an evil or burden; a prerogative; advantage; franchise; preferential treatment.
Here are seven supreme privileges that have been granted to every Christian through Jesus Christ who has accepted Him as their Lord and Savior:
1. Friendship - (John 15: 13) “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.” Jesus called us friends and continues to show us more supreme privileges in Him. (2 Timothy 2:11) “The saying is trustworthy, for: if we have died with Him, we will also live with Him;” Even if we die the hope of rising again to eternal glory, He sends His begotten son to die for us as an exemplary.
2. Power and Strength - Power and strength is in Christ Jesus (Isaiah 40: 29-31) “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted, but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
3. Usage of His Name - “But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed, and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.”And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.” (Acts 9:40) Peter prayed in the miraculous name of Jesus and immediately Dorcas arose. This goes on to show the power of the miraculous name of Jesus.
4. The Help of the Holy Spirit - (John 14:26) “But the “Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. “The Holy Spirit is given to us as a guarantee.
5. Light Within - (Luke 2:32) Simon praised God and declared “A light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.” Indeed we have this great light of God; we are not in darkness anymore.
6. Healing - Jesus told His disciples how He rejoices with us if a lost sheep is being found (Luke 15:10) “Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” The Heavens and angels rejoice with us, Jesus Christ attested to this fact. “Come unto me all ye broken hearted, and by His stripes, we are healed."
7. Unconditional Love - How can we explain this great love of God? This shows that kind of great bound we have in Christ. His love beets human mind, amazing love so wide so high we fall short, but yet it has been
revealed unto us.
You sent forth your word and all things appear. Your glory and grace no mortals can share, we bow down and fall at your feet in worship that indeed we have such a great privilege in you. Amen!
Ophelia Oppong is an article writer for Kingdom Empowerment Magazine, an online Christian publication dedicated to inspiring writers hone their skills and to empower women, hence the slogan "Empowering you to succeed." http://www.kingdomempowermentinc.com/.
She is Ghanaian, aged 28 and a Marketing graduate from Sunyani Polytechnic Ghana. Aspiring for a higher education and improve her writing skills.